HOW TO WASH A SYNTHETIC WIG
Remove Tangles with your Jon Renau Wide Tooth Comb
SHAMPOOING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Gently run tepid water over the hair
- Massage wig shampoo down the hair - do NOT rub as this causes tangles
- Rinse until water runs clear
- Our customer favourites are the Jon Renau Shampoo, Estetica Designs Shampoo, and Gisela Mayer Shampoo.
- SHOP ALL SHAMPOOS HERE
CONDITIONING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Most conditioners are “pump spray” conditioners (like the Estetica Designs or Jon Renau conditioning sprays)
- Ensure you avoid the top of your wig, and spray only the mid to ends of the hair length.
- If you get conditioner on the cap area - this can cause the hair to shed from your wig. NEVER apply to the top of the wig
- Normally around 2-4 pumps of conditioning spray is plenty. (Adding too much can cause the hair to feel “thick”)
- Use your wig wide tooth comb and brush product through to ends of hair.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT - this should be left in the wig.
- Our customer favourites are the Jon Renau Conditioning Spray, Estetica Designs Conditioner, Gisela Mayer Balsam.
DRYING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
- Standard synthetic wigs must NEVER have heat applied. They should be left to Air Dry.
- Use an open plastic or wire wig stand and leave to dry over night.
- It is recommended that you apply a couple of pumps of HD Smooth Detangler prior to wearing your wig - Apply ONLY from mid lengths down and comb through with your wide tooth comb.
- If you do not want to use a detangler spray, we would recommend a hair tip oil like the Ellen Wille hair tip liquid applied to the ends prior to wear.
- Another customer favourite is the Estetica Designs Revitalise and shine spray.
You should wash your standard synthetic wig around once every 6-8 wears.