Hey Guys, a regular question i am asked is “How Do I wash My Hair?”
For synthetic wigs, i love the JON RENAU guide that they have produced for us all in educating us. I have this video here shown at the top, as I feel that it is amazing for a quick step guide.
My Beautiful Friend, Amber, and I have also created a wee fun guide that you can watch and work with in real time if you want to see the process while hearing our talk over WHY we do as we do.........
With every MiMo purchase, you are send a wee flyer from us - it has a step by step summary of how to wash your wigs and toppers - whether synthetic or human hair.
SYNTHETIC HAIR CARE
Remove Tangles with your Jon Renau Wide Tooth Comb
SHAMPOOING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Gently run tepid water over the hair
- Massage wig shampoo down the hair - do NOT rub as this causes tangles
- Rinse until water runs clear
- Our customer favourites are the Jon Renau Shampoo, Estetica Designs Shampoo, and Gisela Mayer Shampoo.
- SHOP ALL SHAMPOOS HERE
CONDITIONING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
• Most conditioners are “pump spray” conditioners (like the Estetica Designs or Jon Renau conditioning sprays)
- Ensure you avoid the top of your wig, and spray only the mid to ends of the hair length.
- If you get conditioner on the cap area - this can cause the hair to shed from your wig. NEVER apply to the top of the wig
- Normally around 2-4 pumps of conditioning spray is plenty. (Adding too much can cause the hair to feel “thick”)
- Use your wig wide tooth comb and brush product through to ends of hair.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT - this should be left in the wig.
- Our customer favourites are the Jon Renau Conditioning Spray, Estetica Designs Conditioner, Gisela Mayer Balsam.
DRYING YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG:
- Standard synthetic wigs must NEVER have heat applied. They should be left to Air Dry.
- Use an open plastic or wire wig stand and leave to dry over night.
- It is recommended that you apply a couple of pumps of HD Smooth Detangler prior to wearing your wig - Apply ONLY from mid lengths down and comb through with your wide tooth comb.
- If you do not want to use a detangler spray, we would recommend a hair tip oil like the Ellen Wille hair tip liquid applied to the ends prior to wear.
- Another customer favourite is the Estetica Designs Revitalise and shine spray.
You should wash your standard synthetic wig around once every 6-8 wears.
You can check our full range of hair care